Friday, 28 October 2011

Analytics!



Now some of you may not be interested in this at all, but i doubt you'll find any other blogs covering this stuff, so i thought id take a few screenshots and upload it.

I find it usefull, it lets me know how many people are using my scripts, visiting my page and where in the world they live. I'm more than happy to have my scripts translated into other languages and am happy to do it myself, however id need enough hits from certain places to do it.

I also want you to note that i/or/and other script writers can not access personal information, IP address or physical locations.
 
So today, i thought id share a quick "behind the scenes" just for fun thing the script writers add into there scripts.


For those that look through and read the scripts source, you will notice something like the above in most scripts, for the above i used the drone scripts as an example, but you can find other peoples scripts, ie Assassinator by Spockholm. There are minor difference to the coding side of it, Not everyone uses Google Analytics but it is a popular choice for most people.




So on with it... I get a loverly world map and when people load the script or page, it highlights their country/territory, as you can see there is still alot of white areas from places people havent visited me from



When i mouse over a country that has visited me it turns yellow and lets me know how many hits that the place has given me. Sadly it doesnt give me the unique hits, just overall hits.



Clicking on the country will show me the cities/towns that the user has come from, i chose New Zealand because thats where I'm from. It shows that i had 4 hits(visits) that came from the capital (Wellington) in the bottom left it gives you the key, to let you know from which city/town has the most hits and that is the closest that you can zoom in.

Just for fun i added USA...you can see thats there are 3 states that i have had no visits from



I've also added its cities that ive had visits from.


and for fun here is all the cities that have visited from around the world.








We also get this part aswell, we can see how many hits we have had on certain days, and also we can see which scripts/pages have had the most hits overall, as you can see, theres some that have had little to no hits and others that have had a few. I'm just a little small fish compared to other script writers, Spockholm has been around for a few years now and im sure his hits/visits are hundreds of thousands if not millions.

No comments:

Post a Comment